The mid-range Nikon 1 J4 replaces the J3 as the beginner-enthusiast-level compact interchangeable-lens offering from Nikon. The new camera has a new, higher-resolution sensor and faster image processing engine, more AF focusing points for faster focus, a high-resolution touchscreen LCD monitor, and for the first time, built-in Wi-Fi connectivity. New features include a big 1-inch CX format, high-resolution 18.4MP sensor, and faster image processing via the new Expeed 4A image processing engine. The camera offers a hybrid focusing system that has a total of 171 focusing areas across the entire viewing area, with 105 center areas supporting phase detection autofocus. There are three slow-motion speeds and resolutions available, including 120fps at 720p resolution. The Nikon 1J4 is the first Nikon MILC to offer touchscreen control: Its 3-inch LCD monitor has 1,037k dot resolution and touch capacitor so you can control focus and click the shutter with the touch of a finger. Touch focus works for both still and video capture. Unlike its predecessors, the Nikon 1 J4 stores images on small microSD memory cards. Since it's geared towards enthusiasts who appreciate the benefits of RAW files, the Nikon 1 J4 shoots RAW or JPEGs. Its ISO range is 160-12,800, and it features matrix, center-weighted and spot metering. For video enthusiasts, HD Video capture is available up to 1080/60p. Electronic vibration reduction reduces camera shake, and you can simultaneousl
- Densely arranged focus points: Very dense arrangement of 105 focus points with phase-detection AF and 171 focuspoints with contrast-detect AF ensures precise acquisition of the intended subject with dense coverage over a broad range of the frame.
- The world's fastest high-speed continuous shooting: at approximately 20 fps withAF tracking, and high-speed operation with a shorter shooting time lag
- New function for high-speed continuous shooting, Active Selection: 20 frames are automatically recorded at high speed shortly before or after the shutter-release button is fully pressed. From these, users can choose the best shots for storage
- Equipped with 18.4-million pixels: a super high-speed AF CMOS sensor with no low-pass filter, and the latest EXPEED 4A image-processing engine for superior image quality
- TFT LCD touch screen monitor: The NIKON 1 J4 is equipped with a 3-inch, approximately 1037k-dot, electrostatictouch screen with which touch operations can be used to focus and track subjects, making shooting simpler and more intuitive.